Monday 24 September 2018

No Pakistan players for Dubai T10 League, PCB denies NOC

Dubai T10 League, PCB denies NOC

In a major blow to the Dubai-based T10 league, the Pakistan Cricket Board has denied No Objection Certificates to its players for participation in the league. The PCB has stated that it were not satisfied about the tournament’s controversial financial situation.
The PCB chief further announced that the board will review their stance on franchisee-based professional cricket leagues played around the globe amid the T10’s leagues debatable and controversial status.
Mani stated that he will not allow Pakistan players to participate in the league until he was satisfied about the tournament’s financial situation along with an assurance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).
“I am holding back my position (on giving an NOC to Pakistani players to take part in T10) until I am fully satisfied with specifics on whose money is fueling this league,” Mani told reporters in Dubai. “In fact, I have asked the ICC for reassurance because they have sanctioned it and I need it in writing that they are totally satisfied that this league has no such element that can bring Pakistan players into dispute.
“Unfortunately, (our players) get trapped (into sinister machinations) so my top priority is to protect my players as, for us, reputation of Pakistan is far more important.”
ICC has given the official sanction to the league in August 2018. Salman Iqbal had stepped down as the president and partner of the T10 league due to a lack of “transparency” and “proper systems and monitoring” in the running of the league.
Iqbal, who owns Pakistan Super League (PSL) side Karachi Kings, was the one who convinced then-PCB chairman Najam Sethi to allow Pakistan’s top talent to participate in the T10 League.
Mani stated that only the board’s financial gains were taken into account when the players were given nod to lay in the league “I think the only criteria that was considered was how much money the PCB and the players will get. The players’ workload wasn’t taken into account”.
Mani further added that he will re-look into the specifics and credibility of every franchise-based league that Pakistani players are involved in.
“All the leagues that Pakistani players participate in, I am getting them re-examined. Whichever league our players are involved in, we need to find out with due diligence who are running the leagues and whether they are really credible.
“This wasn’t done before as there is not a single piece paper that can tell me who are these people are behind the T10 League.”
Mani also asserted that the T10 League is also subject to scrutiny, especially in Indian media, regarding its sponsors and commercial partners.
“What’s the credibility of the league? Who are the organisers and from where they are generating the capital? are the questions being mulled over. There’s an investigation going on in India about the sponsors of the league,” Mani told Pakistan’s ARY News.
However, the organisers of the league have incorporated names of Pakistani players in the Player draft for the second edition of the league drafting despite opposition from PCB.
The T-10 League player draft will be held today (Monday), the same day an ICC press conference would reportedly raise questions on the credibility of the league.

No comments: