Monday 15 October 2018

AIFF announces I-League 2018-19 fixtures; live action on Star Sports

AIFF announces I-League 2018-19 fixtures; live action on Star Sports



All India Football Federation (AIFF), the governing body of the sport in the country, has announced the fixtures and schedule for Hero I-League Season 2018-19, the new season of India’s top division soccer.
The 2018-19 edition of the Hero I-League kicks-off on October 26, 2018, with AIFF’s developmental side Indian Arrows taking on Chennai City FC in Coimbatore’s Nehru Stadium on the opening day.
Indian football fans can catch all the live action from the I-League 2018-19 season on the Stars Sports network which will continue as the official broadcaster of the event.
11 teams from across the country will clash swords over the period of the League to decide who will be crowned the ‘Champions of India’ and take home the coveted trophy. The champions of the League will get a slot for the AFC Champions League qualifier.
Minerva Punjab FC, champions of the previous season, will begin the defence of their Hero I-League title on October 28, 2018, when they host Goa-based club side Churchill Brothers.
The 12th edition of I-League will also feature a team from the state of Jammu and Kashmir – Real Kashmir Football Club – that gained promotion from the 2ND Division League to India’s top-flight club football.
The league will culminate into the final game between Minerva Punjab and Quess East Bengal on March 3, 2019.
Click here to access the complete I-League 2018-19 fixtures.

No comments: