Sunday 5 August 2018

Saudi Arabian teen Mosaad Aldossary wins FIFA eWorld Cup, ₹1.71 cr prize money

Saudi Arabian teen Mosaad ‘Msdossary’ Aldossary wins the 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup

Saudi Arabian teen Mosaad ‘Msdossary’ Aldossary has won the 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup, sweeping away ₹1.71 crore ($250,000) in prize money and the FIFA eWorld Cup trophy.
The football esports event based on popular game series from EA Sports, FIFA 18, has seen the participation of over 20 million people in the qualifying rounds. The Grand Finale featured top 32 qualifiers.
Saudi Arabia may have failed to impress during the recently concluded FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia, but the teenager from the country has won the inaugural 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup Finals on Saturday.
Msdossary was proclaimed the EA Sports FIFA 18 World Champion after a 4-0 win on aggregate over Stefano ‘StefanoPinna’ Pinna at The O2 in London. The 18-year-old becomes the first person to lift the new trophy and the second Saudi Arabian winner of the tournament.
Abdulaziz Alshehri won the 2015 edition of the competition, then known as the FIFA Interactive World Cup (FIWC) as Saudi Arabians continue with their stronghold int the world of esports football.
‘Msdossary’, the winner of April’s FUT Champions Cup Manchester, claimed a staggering $250,000 prize and a trip to next month’s The Best FIFA Football Awards.
The 18-year-old played out a very impressive tournament over three days and has beaten the Belgian Stefano Pinna 4-0 on aggregate in the 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup Final. He competed with Pinna, emerging to score 2-0 on PlayStation, before following up with another 2-0 victory on Xbox at The O2 in London.
“This year was my first time competing at the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final. I hope to bring a few more trophies home to my country. I’m just 18-years-old, so there a few more years to come and I just want to make my country proud,” said Msdossary.
“I’ve made my country proud by bringing home the trophy. This is my second event in the UK and it’s my second win, so I think this is my second home. I’m strong on both consoles and I defended very well on both games. I deserved to get two clean sheets in both legs.”
‘StefanoPinna’, who went home richer by $50,000 prize money, said, “It was a difficult game for me, especially on the Xbox side. On the PlayStation tie, I didn’t score my chances and he did. I couldn’t play with my usual style because of the pressure he was putting on and his defence is amazing. I want to thank all my fans for supporting me. I couldn’t go all the way but I’m proud of myself. ‘Msdossary’ is a deserved winner and congratulations to him.”
https://goo.gl/9PQwrF

No comments: